2013 CLAWSON 4th OF JULY PARADE
WHERE: Clawson Center parking lot, at the southeast corner of 14 Mile and Crooks Road. Please enter on 14 Mile, near the Rite-Aid drug store. Do not attempt to enter Clawson Center from Crooks Road near Taco Bell. This is an exit only.
WHEN: Registration and assembly begins at 7:30 AM. Everyone in your group must be in place by 8:40 AM. You will not be able to participate in the parade if you have not arrived by 8:40.
14 Mile Road between Main and Crooks will be closed at 8:45 AM for the 1-mile run and parade.
The parade will start at 9:00 AM, rain or shine, right after the runners have left the starting line.
PARKING AND DROP-OFF: Vehicles not in the parade should be parked in the lot behind (south of) the stores or in the large lot past Dunkin’ Donuts on the northwest corner of 14 Mile and Crooks. If you are only dropping off parade participants, please do so in the parking lot behind the stores at Clawson Center and then leave the area using the Crooks Road exit near Taco Bell.
TOILETS: There will be port-a-johns near BlockBuster Video and directly north of 14 Mile from the lot.
Please help reduce confusion at parade check-in by making sure everyone in your group knows your unit number and assembly point.
Parade marshals will be on hand before the parade to help you locate your position.
The person registering your group will be given a unit number tag before the parade. The tag identifies your unit to the parade marshals, judges, cable TV production crew and audience. The tag must be displayed::
· On the outside of the left front windshield of the first vehicle of the unit (including float vehicles);
· On the shoulder or front leg of the person on the left front of a walking group.
DURING THE PARADE:
§ Please follow all instructions from the parade marshals (yellow vests). They are trained to ensure that the parade is a safe and fun experience for everyone. Failure to comply with their instructions can result in your removal from the parade;
·Stay about 25 feet (2 car lengths) from the unit ahead of you. Keep walking groups together;
· NO objects of any kind (candy, toys, flyers, etc.) may be thrown to spectators along the parade route. Persons in your group distributing items to the spectators must walk up to the curb and hand the items to them. This rule is in place for safety reasons to prevent anyone from running into the street to grab “freebies”. If anyone in your group is found to be throwing items to spectators, you may be asked to leave the parade.
· Parents should plan to pick up their children near Schalm Elementary School.
· Complimentary shuttle (school) buses will be available in the Schalm Elementary School parking lot for walking participants planning to return to Clawson Center.
Questions? Call Deborah Wooley, Parade Chairman (Home: 248-588-4925, Cell: 248-270-7044)
Or, e-mail me at Debbie@ClawsonParade.com